Infrared Pre-forming Ovens
Optimised for heating, debulking, and curing out-of-autoclave (OOA) composite materials, infrared pre-forming ovens are designed to make the heating of heavily contoured parts more controllable, uniform, and repeatable.
With industry-leading heatwork experience, Ceramicx infrared heat engineers can design and custom-build pre-forming ovens to match your requirements and processes across many applications for speed and precision.
Widely used across the automotive industry, pre-forming ovens consist of elements with the infrared technology to give you the best combination of precision heat, increased speed, and accurate control. As a vital process in the production of composite parts, Ceramicx infrared engineers can design and custom-build pre-forming ovens, configured to match your specific requirements.
Purpose-built to meet the needs of the composite pre-forming process, each specialist infrared pre-forming oven includes bespoke temperature and power requirements, custom controls, as well as attention to any physical size and shape constraints.
Conceived by our heatwork engineers, a Ceramicx pre-forming oven is designed to deliver superior results for any pre-forming processes to match your own standards and specifications. From the sturdy stainless steel framework featuring removable system panels, specialised insulation, and extra structural protection to custom power requirements and heater arrays for concentrated heat direction.
Industry-standard or custom infrared elements are used for optimised energy-efficiency and tight heating tolerances in °C to meet your processing needs, alongside precision temperature control with a fully programmable, enhanced custom control interface.
Every pre-forming oven system is designed and manufactured with your requirements and processes in mind. From fully-integrated systems to standalone ovens, every aspect is fully tested and quality-assured to give you a bespoke heating solution that’s energy and cost-efficient.
Industrial Infrared Pre-Forming Ovens
Case Study: Carbon Fiber Heating System For AerospaceLearn more
As an independent, national centre for the world-class design and manufacture of composites, our client’s testing production capabilities were already meeting multi-sector demands.
Bespoke manufacture, design and build
- Mounting brackets and wheels for easy lifting and moving
- Extra structural protection and features for easy shipping and partial re-assembly
- Specialist insulation, steel meshing, rotary wheels, and viewing windows
- Multiple doors for easy access to heat chamber
- Custom safety features for your process needs together with emergency stop
- Bespoke electrical junction boxes positioning
- Custom venting or extraction systems
- Full range of spare parts
Bespoke heating system and controls
- Material testing for your process
- Quartz elements or Quartz Halogen or Quartz Tungsten or Ceramic tube heaters to suit
- Modified Fast IR and Modular IRs
- Upper, lower, and vertical heating panel systems with adjustable height
- Custom heater geometry and multi-zoning with concentration of heat direction
- Custom distance and heater array
- Remote monitoring capabilities
- Complete individual custom programme control or modular system
- Element failure detection option
- Precision heating tolerance in °C/ºF
Whatever configuration you require for your pre-forming oven or heating system, our specialist heat engineers will custom design and build a complete and bespoke infrared heating system to your specifications. Our full ‘Project Completion’ approach gives you a comprehensive end to end service that keeps you updated through every stage of the process.
After your initial enquiry and our detailed proposal, we can provide detailed photos of progress if required – from materials testing and R&D to the functional design specification (FDS) and 3D CAD/CAM design, to product testing and final manufacture.
This is your system, designed and built by us to your specifications and we undertake detailed and thorough system testing at every stage. Our ceramic and quartz infrared heating elements have detailed end of line test results and performance data to confirm correct operation.
YOUR NEXT STEPS
At Ceramicx, we have the in-house capabilities to build custom industrial infrared ovens and heating solutions to almost any design and specification. Whatever your requirements, we’ll give you the clarity and advice you need to design and build a high quality, infrared heating solution that meets your needs.
Call our technical team today on +353 28 37510 or email on [email protected]. We’ll be more than happy to discuss potential solutions and answer all your questions so you can make an informed decision.